Start of a new fitness journey





(BEFORE: At 19, when I became too "pudgy" for my liking.)



Let me just say: I've never been "overweight" but ever since high school, I've had a desire to be fit and in shape. I would have to say that it started because of my love for sports. Particularly basketball. I played varsity high school basketball in my small school for all 4 years and I loved it. We even went to tournaments in mainland Japan and Korea. I had the time of my life. My father always encouraged me to go to the gym with him and my mother to build more strength. My first time in a gym was probably when I was around 14. I went with my parents to the gym every so often and soon did realize the importance of it, and to the game. I felt stronger, and built muscle.



Unfortunately, after high school, I stopped playing basketball and did not keep up with any sort of fitness regime. At 19, however, my father made a comment (that, looking back now, have no idea why it enraged me so much,) about how "big" my arms were getting. That right there, upset me so much, and from that day on, I was determined to lose weight. Unfortunately, I did not do it the "right" way. I significantly cut my calorie intake, and I walked for about 30 minutes-1 hour 5 times a week. That's it. After ONE year, I lost 20 pounds. 


AFTER: ...I lost the 20 pounds of "pudginess"


At the time, I was so HAPPY I lost 20 pounds. I felt as if every piece of clothing looked good on me, and there was no turning back!! Little did I know back then, that I lost fat AND muscle as well. I was a weakling. My arms were like twigs. I was "skinny" but "bad" skinny. I was not healthy. 

A couple of years later, I would meet my husband. 
Then I would get pregnant, not once, but 3 times.

Kiss my skinny behind goodbye!!!

Pregnancy #1
Gained 35 pounds
(At Okuma beach in Okinawa, Japan)


Pregnancy #2
Gained 40 pounds


Pregnancy #3
Gained 45 pounds


After each pregnancy, I did lose some weight, but each time, I did not reach my "ideal weight". Then I got pregnant all over again. It was back in 2008 when I finally started getting there, and then it happened: unexpected pregnancy #3. We did not plan for #3. And I found myself eating and gaining SO much weight. I was hungry ALL the time, and eating way too much junk.

After pregnancy #3, I slowly lost weight. I became frustrated. I did workout, lost a few pounds here and there, but it did not stay off. It went back and forth. I gave up many times.

So finally now, 2013, I have decided to start again. 
With the help of bodybuilding.com, I am going to do this. 
I'm going to be doing Jamie Eason's 12 week Livefit trainer program.
I am going to start eating clean. 
The workouts don't scare me.
The eating part does. :/
I am not a good eater. 
Meaning, I don't eat much, and when I do, it's usually not good. 
I have gone through periods of times when I do eat healthy, but I don't stick with it. 
And I have a love for junk food.
And chocolate.
And I tend to eat fast food for convenience.

I have decided all of that stops NOW. Today.

Here's what I ate for breakfast this morning:

5 egg whites, 1/4 cup quinoa, and chopped green peppers.
This meal called for unlimited veggies, which were non-existent at the moment, in my fridge besides the peppers. Someone needs to go grocery shop....
I had to work with what I had....


So after I'm done writing this, I'm off to do my workout. Before I go, let me just share another pic of something else I made last night!


These turkey muffins are my snacks, or my small meal option! 

I hope these will curb my snack cravings!!! :p



Okay, off to go workout! Here's me being goofy. 
Hopefully I will regain some muscle on that arm lol.

Have a great day everyone!

 photo xoxoMarie_zpsd8d5231e.jpg

7 comments

  1. WOW! I wish you all the best in your fitness way :-)

    My blog
    donnaiveh.blogspot.com

    Wanna follow each other on GFC,FB,Twitter?

    kisses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna! :) I can follow you on GFC. I don't have a FB/Twitter for my blog yet. Thanks again!

      Delete
  2. You're SUCH a beautiful pregnant lady! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw thank you! I sure didn't "feel" beautiful while pregnant though...

      Delete
  3. I understand about being thin but not in shape. I went thru that when I was younger also. Now I work out every day and feel much better than when I was thin and week. Good luck on your fitness journey :) Following you back on GFC, I look forward to your future posts!

    http://wvfrugal-wvsaver.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's no harm in giving in to your cravings. What matters is that you can control what you eat. I remember reading an article that suggests to eat all the desserts that you desire with only a small serving. I think she just failed to remind that exercise should be done too to burn all those calories added by your cravings. Hehe! Thanks for your post! You look great! :)

    Gil Bergeron @ FitnessTogether.com/Ohio/Locations/Medina

    ReplyDelete