Skinny jeans vs. Flared jeans










Top: TJ Maxx
Jeans: Old Navy
Heels: Target
Sunglasses: F21
Earrings: F21

Let's just say it's been a while since I've worn flared jeans. 
Years back when I was a single lady, I had a love(almost obsession)
for flared jeans. 
In recent years, skinny jeans have become the "norm".
Back then, I told myself, yuck, I'm never wearing skinny jeans.
Skip to a few years later, and that's all I practically wear nowadays.

What changed my mind???
I guess you could say it was my open-mindedness to trying new things,
even if I thought it was a bad idea.
I remember trying some on the very first time and thinking, "hmm not bad, not bad at all".

But here's the thing with skinny jeans that I'm sure everyone has heard before:
SKINNY JEANS DON'T MAKE YOU SKINNY!!!!
With that said, finding the right skinny jean for your body type is SOOOO important.
I especially have a hard time because I am in between sizes
 and I have to make sure it's not too tight, (don't want that muffin top!)
or too loose. 
I always believed that flared legs made your legs look longer, 
especially because you had to wear some type 
of heel or platform shoe.
Then I thought skinny jeans made your legs look shorter, and didn't give off
a "sophisticated" look....
I was wrong and I realize I was just a bit picky back in the day....
Now, I believe you can make anything look sophisticated...it's all about
how you put it together. 

Oh, and the heels.
Yes, they are NEW.
I'm not much of an animal print person, but I do like them
in small doses.
I found them on sale, at Target.
Target is EVIL.
I try very hard not to go there that often. 
I limit myself to go only once a month, or even less.
I'm gonna say it again...
TARGET IS EVIL!!! 
That's all I can say about Target.

 photo xoxoMarie_zpsd8d5231e.jpg


Linkups:




7 comments

  1. Flared jeans making a comeback! Love it! Thanks for linking up!

    With Love,
    Rubi
    www.lilyamongthornsblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great and yes Target is evil - it lures you in and then ZAP!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) Yes, I'm gonna try to avoid that place till next month lol.

      Delete
  3. I love the colors in this outfit-- I think the pants would look really nice with a more fitted top, and the top would look great with something with less volume on the bottom!

    Kate
    A Journey in Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate! The drapey-effect up top gives it the illusion of being a not-so fitted top, but it actually is a bit fitted! Haha, either way I made it work. :)

      Delete
  4. That's a great design idea. This is one of the first Japanese Jeans Distributors to use this idea!

    ReplyDelete