Follow Your Heart






Sweater: Old Navy//Skirt: gojane.com//
Bag, Sunglasses: Target// Necklace: F21
Boots: Victoria's Secret


I snatched up a bunch of these sweaters from Old Navy on sale. I decided to do sort of a monochrome look for this outfit (of course with the exception of the boots.) I am in love with the bag, (this bag will be in another post about my most recent shopping haul) and I am SOOO happy I got it on sale. I usually don't wear skirts, but I bought these cheap from gojane.com to try a few of them out. They are very thin, but I didn't mind since I knew I would be wearing tights underneath so, they are alright with me.

The phrase "Follow Your Heart" strikes a chord for me, as it may for many others as well. If I did not "follow my heart" I would not be where I am today, and my life may have been completely different. I did not grow up in the United States, I grew up in a small island, Okinawa, Japan. If you know anything about Okinawa, you will know that many US Marines are stationed there. I ended up marrying one, and if I didn't follow my heart, I would have never known what it is to really love somebody. My parents objected for a variety of reasons that I will not get into here, but if I did end up "listening to my parents" I would not have what I have now. As corny as this may all sound, at the time, it was very sad for me because I felt that my parents did not trust my decision or instincts, but at the same time I realized that they were just worried that I was making a mistake. A lot of hurtful things were said and done and I ended up moving out of my parent's house to be with my hubby, who was due to leave the island. We left Okinawa, and I know my parents were sad, not know when they would see me again. Fast forward to 10 years later, and we are still married, and have 3 kids. I'm not going to lie, marriage is hard. Even with someone you truly love. It's hard work and difficult sometimes, but I cannot imagine life without J and the kids. There was a time in my life when I was convinced I would never marry or have children and I apologized to my mom for that! When I stopped worrying about finding "The One", he just showed up one day, and from then on, I just followed my heart....

 photo xoxoMarie_zpsd8d5231e.jpg

Linkups:

pleated poppyI Feel Pretty




No comments