Perfection Is Overrated







Top: F21 // Jeans: TJ Maxx // Shoes: Target //
Sunnies: gojane.com // Bracelets: Charlotte Russe //
Bag: Olivia & Joy via Ross 


I've said it before and I'll probably end up saying it again: I haven't been regularly posting because of life. You know.  As in taking care of other responsibilities, and prioritizing. I really do love blogging but for the past week it has unfortunately ended up at the bottom of my to-do list. 

Like my shirt says, "Perfection is Overrated." I have to keep repeating this to myself over and over. I know I can never be perfect, but I sometimes truly feel like my efforts end up in failure. I feel like I try to be the perfect mom, the perfect wife, and when things don't go the way I want, I get very frustrated with myself, and feel so much weight on my shoulders. For example, I am not a good cook. At all. I pretty much make 4-5 (mostly things that the kids like) of the same thing every week and rotate them around. I really want to make more of a variety, but 1) I'm lazy to look up the recipe and buy ingredients 2) Sometimes I just want to stick with what I know, so I can make it quick. Do you see the common theme going on here?? Laziness. Yes. I admit I am lazy about many things. After getting ALL that NEEDS to be done, anything extra I do not want to do because I just want to sit and relax. Is that WRONG? And is it wrong that I don't get EVERYTHING done in one day like I planned to?? For example, yesterday, I planned on going to 2 different stores to go grocery shopping. I only ended up going to one. No big deal right?!?! I was SO annoyed with myself, because I just wanted to get it done with in one day, now I'm "wasting" my other day off to go to another store instead of just "relaxing" (doing laundry, cleaning house) at home. Anyways, enough with my rant. I'm pretty sure I am not alone in feeling this way. Now that I've had a full-time job for almost a month and a half now, I have to find a better balance for everything, because I pretty much predicted that this might happen and sure enough it did. 


ANYWAYS....on to the outfit. This is pretty much my "uniform" for just going out to do errands or going shopping or whatever. This is actually a bit more "dressed" up than the clothes I wear to work, because the dress code at our work is VERY casual, almost too casual, and I wear sneakers because I'm on my feet all day, so that means I just wear a very simple shirt and jeans. But let me tell you about this bag: I LOVE IT SO MUCH!! I found this beauty at Ross, where I did not expect to find such beautifulness!! (I know that's not a real word, don't judge me) It retails at $88, and I got it for $39.99. :D SCORE!!!


 photo xoxoMarie_zpsd8d5231e.jpg

Linkups:

pleated poppy
I Feel Pretty

4 comments

  1. Nice Blog :)
    Check out mine at: http://beauty-fulll.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how bright your jeans are--and you're right--blogging should be a fun thing, you should never feel pressured to be "perfect" at it..'cause nobody is!

    ReplyDelete