Ladylike


Top, Bag, Sunglasses: TJ Maxx
Skirt: gojane.com
Tights: Old Navy
Heels: Ross
Necklace: Wet Seal
Bracelets: Charlotte Russe






Every once in awhile, I will go for this kind of look.
For everyday, I go for a more laid back casual look,
but sometimes I crave something more "fancy".

So what if you have nowhere to go, 
or you're only running errands.
You could be a mom who stays home, 
or a 9-5er, or a student, or a slacker, or whoever...
who says you can't get dressed up for no reason at all?!

I believe people too often think about what others 
will think about their outfits.

"Where is she going all dressed up like that?!"

In my 20's, I used to think like that.
 I would at times worry
about what other people would think
and how my outfit is "too this, or too that" 
for the occasion.

I've grown up since then. (haha...)
Really, I don't care what people think about my clothes,
or where people think I'm going, or what I do.
Why does that matter?!
They're complete strangers and their opinions
 don't mean anything to me.
They can think whatever they like.
I dress for me. 


(P.S. I forgot to mention how much I love this peplum top.
The back is lace and I forgot to get a shot of it,
but you can see a hint of it in the 4th photo.)


Linkups:

Real Girl Style Link Uppleated poppy


 photo xoxoMarie_zpsd8d5231e.jpg

18 comments

  1. love your bag!
    http://fashionwithfitness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I got it at a great price too! :)

      Delete
  2. The lace caught my eye & love the peplum! I feel the same way.... & who cares, dress for yourself. That is what really counts!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE to get dressed up! With people always wearing Uggs, velour pants, hoodies, or their PJs, I LIKE to get dressed up. Sometimes I do it just for myself. And it feels AWESOME!

    Chandra
    PS. Thanks for linking up yesterday! XO
    More Modern Modesty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! :) Yeah, getting dressed is very important for me. I mean don't get me wrong, there are days when I stay home and wear sweats or yoga pants, or workout clothes to go workout... but if I'm going "out" to do something, I will get dressed in some way other than sweats or yoga pants. :)

      Delete
  4. Love the black and white striped peplum top. I have one similar to yours that I love -- wear it with yellow so I probably look like a bumble bee. I like yours with the red!
    Heather from Friendship, Life and Style

    ReplyDelete
  5. The striped peplum is so pretty and I love the red belt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Niki, I felt it needed a pop of red! :)

      Delete
  6. I love dressing up and always being the more "dressier" one - I never mind it! :) I love that your necklace is Wet Seal.. what a fabulous find. And I personally believe you can never wrong with a peplum. Found you via the Real Girl Glam linkup!
    xoxo,
    Nikki at www.bedazzlesafterdark.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I find lots of good deals on jewelry from Wet Seal. Thanks for checking out my blog, I'm already a follower on yours! :)

      Delete
  7. Hello!

    I absolutely love your outfit! I found your blog through the Pleated Poppy:) I'm a huge fan of peplum and I love yours:) I also like the pop of color in your belt too:) Have a good evening!


    Carissa
    Lillies & Silk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Peplums are the cutest thing ever!!

      Delete
  8. Beautiful outfit. That shirt is amazing! I host a style link party every Monday and would love for you to join! http://fashionsgreatesthits.blogspot.com/2013/02/the-first-ever-my-style-monday.html

    ReplyDelete