Throwback Thursday: Kimono photos

Instead of an outfit post today, I wanted to share some throwback photos with you. :) I've had the privilege of wearing a kimono several times in my life. Although it's not very comfortable and very time-consuming to put on properly, I loved wearing a kimono. :)

These pictures were taken back in 2007, while we lived in Okinawa, Japan. Wow...it brings back memories...I used to work at a daycare on one of the military bases, and they were doing a special discount for employees to have your pictures taken in kimonos. I jumped on it, and I was glad I did. :) Regular prices to have these photos taken in their studio was just astronomical. The only thing though, was that I wish my youngest daughter were in these photos, but of course, she wasn't born yet. :)






She was VERY grumpy because it was nap time. lol








Hope you enjoyed the photos!
XOXO


4 comments

  1. OMG I LOVE this!!! Wow! You all look so amazing! My toddler (just turned 2 years) has been loving the Mulan Disney movie, and she would love to wear a kimono. =0)

    I'm a new GFC follower, and also following on bloglovin. I'm here, following back (finally) from the Meet & Greet hop earlier this week. The new Meet & Greet hop starts tomorrow evening and I hope to see you there!

    ~Kim
    http://2justByou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim! Yes my family had so much fun dressing up in the kimonos! I think it's something everyone should do at least once in their life! :) And thanks for following :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful pics! you look so nice in kimono, and the childrens so cute :)

    www.urbanikamoda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete