Rebel Without A Cause

I have always loved James Dean.








Blazer and Shoes: Target
Top, Skirt, and Sunglasses: F21
Tights: Old Navy
Bag: TJ Maxx
Earrings: gift from sister in Japan

(Sometimes I like to dress in this business-style attire, 
and pretend I have an important meeting to attend.
Haha. 
I got these kick ass heels on sale at Target,
 and the skirt on a 50% off sale online at Forever21.)


...And if you didn't know...
James Dean is just awesome.
As a teenager, I loved watching him in the only 3 movies he ever made: 
Rebel Without A Cause, East of Eden and Giant. 
There was just something different about "Old Hollywood" back in the day...

As a kid growing up, I was by no means a rebel.
I pretty much followed the rules, but at the same time,
I had a mind of my own.

I wasn't really influenced by other kids to do stupid things.
At a young age, where kids WANT to "fit in" and be like everyone else,
I didn't want to be like everyone else.
I wanted to be "ME". 
Even as a kid, I wanted to wear a different style of clothing everyday.
I liked to express myself.
If I thought something was wrong, I would say something.
I fought for my beliefs.
I didn't let anyone mess around with me.
Back in the day, (especially in high school), I was mistaken for being
cold, "tough" and just plain mean, because of my "outspokenness."
I was not popular with the guys, but I think it was because 
most of them were intimidated by me.

Looking back now, I just laugh.
High school was such an awkward, confusing time.

I will leave you with a clip from James Dean's "Rebel Without a Cause"

 photo xoxoMarie_zpsd8d5231e.jpg





Linkups:

button

9 comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Tereza, I bought it from Forever 21 a long time ago...

      Delete
  2. Love the tee. You sound a lot like me when I was a teenager. I never got in real trouble, but I pretty much refused to listen to any one and marched to my own beat. Thanks for linking up!
    Tara
    Penniless Socialite
    Massive Group Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the James Dean tee. You sound way cooler than I was in high school :) Thanks for linking up!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    JCrew Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this James Dean tee! This is going to sound so lame, but Paula Abdul's video for her song "Rush, Rush" was my favorite because it was basically a rip-off of Rebel Without a Cause. I know! I'm an old lady! LOL! You look super cute in this outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! No, I actually really love Rush Rush, and the video too! Don't worry I'm an old lady too lol!

      Delete
  5. Great post! please check out my blog and if you like it, please follow me on Google Friend Connect and Bloglovin, I promise to do the same for you! xx
www.love-joice.com

    PS If you decided to follow me, can you please let me know so I can follow you back, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I'll check out your blog and leave a reply. :)

      Delete