Neutral Colors and 5 Random Facts

 











Ruffle top: TJ Maxx
Blazer and Ring: F21
Jeans: TJ Maxx
Heels: Ross
Bag: Coach
Necklace: Wet Seal
Bracelets: gift from sis-in-law in Haiti


I kept it neutral with this outfit. 
I was thinking about adding a pop of color but couldn't find the 
right color, and I was running out of time to go and look for one, lol.
Then I step out to take these pictures and realize how FREEZING cold
it got. Well, maybe I'm exaggerating, it was in the 50's but the wind was chilly! 
A few weeks ago, it was in the 70's, and
this was too much of a drastic change for me.
I can "deal" with the cold, but I can't deal with inconsistent weather.
It drives me completely bananas!!!


So I've realized my posts might be a little boring.
I pretty much post my outfits everyday and don't 
write about much of anything else.
So, I've decided to share... 

5 random facts about me:


1.) My first language was Japanese. Before the age of 6, it was my primary language.
When I started kindergarten, my mother was worried how I would do because it was an 
American school. Supposedly I understood English, but always spoke Japanese. 
I remember watching an old family video of us,
where my father was speaking to me in English, 
and I responded completely in Japanese lol.
Funny that I ended up "over-excelling" in English when I started school,
so much to the point where I nearly forgot everything. :(
My Japanese speaking ability now is nowhere near as good as it used to be. :( 


2.) I suck at cooking.
Yes.
My husband cooks better than I do.
I guess my mom never really "taught" me, but then
for some reason I never really cared that much to learn.
I wasn't really interested in cooking.
I regret not learning because it would've saved 
me a lot of trouble now.
I am still trying to acquire good
culinary skills.


3.) I love to sing. And dance. But suck at both. HAHA.
As a kid, I always dreamed of becoming
a singer, or dancer.
I always loved trying to copy different voices of both females
and male singers.
Because of that, I still don't really know what my "own" singing voice 
sounds like because I'm always copying others.
And I still do that today, lol.
Which also explains my love for karaoke.
Pronounced "KA-RA-OH-KEH".
NOT "CARRY-OKI".


4.) Since 2 and 3 are stuff I suck at, #4 will be something I'm good at lol.
I am naturally athletic.
I usually excel in any sport I learn.
I am also a very competitive person when it comes to sports.
The more I practice and play the sport, the better I become.
At an early age in school, most girls didn't want to play 
sports for Phys. Ed. class
I was usually the only one who got all excited.
I loved Phys. Ed!
We got to play flag football, floor hockey, volleyball, handball, basketball, softball,
kickball, you name it, I loved it! 
I dreamed of playing sports all day instead of doing real work like Math and Science lol.


5.) The last one is a bit strange, 
but I have a dog's nose.
Meaning I have an outrageous sense of smell.
I can smell anything, anywhere, anyhow.
For example: 
(and I'm sorry to use my hubby as an example because he might read this...)
My hubby supposedly quit smoking years ago, but I know 
he has one every once in awhile when he's stressed, etc.
 or whatever the reason may be.
I know.... 
because my nose knows.
(Ha, couldn't help it I had to say that.)


 photo xoxoMarie_zpsd8d5231e.jpg

Linkups:

pleated poppy
button

10 comments

  1. Your outfit is so cute.. The shoesss ohh the shoes!

    Jessica
    www.littlemapleleaf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pump. Great look.
    www.rumelatheshopaholic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great neutral color palette! That ruffled top is so pretty. I wish I could sing too. If I could have any talent in the world, it would be that! Thanks for linking up today. It was fun getting to know more about you.

    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look so chic - I love the neutral palette. My family is German and even though I can speak it just fine, in my family my parents speak german to me and I reply in english. it's just habit now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Franziska! It's funny how that works isn't it! I do that to people too...if someone speaks to me in Japanese, and I know they understand English, I reply in English. I only respond back in Japanese if they are clueless about English!

      Delete
  5. Hello,
    Saw your blog on YOLO. I love this outfit, fashionably casual! I have never done "KA-RA-OH-KEH" but it is on my bucket list!
    http://robincharmagne.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! LOL! Karaoke is soooooo fun!! I love it! :)

      Delete