I Believe in Color








Top: Old Navy
Jeans: TJ Maxx
Purse and heels: Target
Ring and earrings: F21
Sunglasses: gojane.com


Yes, I do.
I BELIEVE in color!
It sounds very cliche, but it really does
brighten up your mood.
I absolutely do not understand why some people
refuse to wear bright colors.
I know only one person very close to me who does not.

My mother.
She refuses to wear color.
Well, bright colors.
She sticks with black, browns, grays, navy blue, and purple,
but not BRIGHT purple.
She says it's not "her" to wear bright colors.
And she has a thing for Micheal Kors and Coach.
Well then, go on with your fashion-savvy self, mom.

I guess you could say she was my first fashion role-model.
I remember she had a HUGE Imelda Marcos-type shoe collection
of stiletto heels. 
(For those younger folks who are wondering who the heck
Imelda Marcos is:
she was the first lady of the Philipines President Ferdinand Marcos
back in the 80's, and she was known for her crazy shoe collection)
(google "Imelda Marcos shoes"
to see the craziness)
ANYWAYS....
When my parents went out, 
and it was just my older sister and I at home,
I would raid her shoe collection and 
try on and walk in every single pair.
That to me was a good time.
I was like maybe 8 years old?

Another memory I have of my mother being a fashionista
was when she would go to our parent-teacher conferences at school.
She would wear business suits and stilettos like she was
going to meet the CEO of a company.
I remember she said that the people at school always asked her,
"WHERE ARE YOU GOING?"

Even though my mother is in her mid-60's now, she's still 
a fashionista to me. Although I still pick on her for not  
wearing bright colors,
I admire the fact that she has her own style,
and stays true to her style 
regardless of what other people say.



Happy Wednesday everyone.
XOXO

Linkups:


pleated poppy

16 comments

  1. Love the pop of color and your blog or course! want to follow each other doll?

    Beauty Asylum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll be happy to follow you, your blog is great!
      I'm follower #79. :)

      Delete
  2. Those cap toe pumps are awesome!!! Great color:)
    C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carly! They were so awesome that I had to buy another pair in another color!! :D

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Dotty! Yes, bright colors are awesome. :)

      Delete
  4. love your hair style!
    http://fashionwithfitness.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I recentyl chopped off the hair though! lol

      Delete
  5. Love this outfit! The color of your top is perfect
    http://www.christianlouboutinoutletlondon.org.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look beautiful! I love these bright colors together. My mother has worn nothing but black pants her entire life. I guess that's why I revel in wearing brightly colored ones. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Allison! Yes, same here...I became the color lover that my mom never was! :)

      Delete
  7. I almost bought those shoes art Tarjay, but they were sold out. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got lucky I got them on clearance, and they only had 1 pair in my size left!

      Delete